| September 16th
||Bring & Buy/Friendship|
| October 17th
||District Chairman Julie Ramsay|
| November 21st
| December 3rd
| January 16th
||Chemicals & The Home - Nicci Wilson|
| February 20th
||Old Edinburgh – Wendy Doran|
|March 20th||Business Meeting|
|April 17th||Book Folding – Vi Romanis|
| May 22nd
|June 19th||Annual General Meeting & Handover|
March 6th 2019 - Bridge Afternoon in aid of Shine Cancer Support. Click here for details.
Inner Wheel Rose
A few of our committee planting an Inner Wheel rose for Inner Wheel Day
Our Charity Bridge Drive in aid of East Lothian Young Carers
Very successful thanks to all who supported this event.
60th Charter Anniversary
Club members celebrate 60 years of Musselburgh Inner Wheel
About the area
Musselburgh dates back to Roman Times. Around Inveresk Hill, the largest Roman encampment in Northern Britain was set up. The Romans bridged the River Esk and built our first harbour to supply their Fort. Numerous relics of their stay have been discovered - and some are still being brought to light. An Archeological dig has just finished. Later on , Mary Queen of Scots paid us a visit and surrendered to the English army after the Battle of Carberry Hill. For two months before the Battle of Prestonpans we had Oliver Cromwell's troops camping on our Links - and Prince Charlie stayed here before that Fateful day!
The Town motto "Honesty" dates back to 1332 when Randolph Murray - Regent of Scotland died in the burgh after a long illness, during which he was devotedly cared for by the citizens of the town. His successor offered to reward the townspeople for their loyalty but they refused - saying they were only doing their duty! The new Regent was very impressed and said-"they were an honest set of men" - hence the name "the Honest Toun"
There has always been a tradition of fishing here - our Coat of Arms is made up of three mussels and three anchors. Our Racecourse is the oldest in Scotland. Many visitors come to Musselburgh for race meetings, nowadays for the steeplechase as well as the flat racing and recently the course has been updated to a very high standard. Within the racecourse is our historic nine hole Golf Links - which the record books date back to 1672. Between 1872 and 1891 there were six Open Championships played here. It is also claimed that James1V played golf here.
The Queen's Bodyguard when she visits Scotland - "The Royal Company of Archers" - compete annually on the Golf Links for the Musselburgh Silver Arrow - claimed to be the oldest sporting trophy in the world, dating back from 1667